Tuesday, January 15, 2013

and so it begins

I'm never in much of a hurry to do anything when it comes to my creative side.  I blame this mainly on the perfectionist streak my mother so generously handed down.  Don't get me wrong; I have the ideas and the desires to do these things but I want them to be perfect.  The first time around.  So I end up thinking too long and putting them off - and, more often than not, never actually doing them.  Even naming this blog was a challenge.  I stared at a blank screen for several minutes while everyone around me typed furiously.  Thanks goes to Meleah for getting my tail moving by just taking over.

Blogging is just one of the areas that I've been slow to approach.  I have often thought of getting started but I never took the plunge.  But I guess I can thank my Writing for Change class for yet another push into the unknown.

While the focus of this blog, the subject matter of said class and how it will relate to a chosen nonprofit organization of my choice (can't wait to see how long it takes me to decide on one of those), isn't really what I had in mind for my first blog, I have to admit that I am looking forward to the challenge.  Even if it is an apprehensive excitement.  The inner workings of nonprofits, charitable nonprofits (which are not the same things, as I recently learned), grants, and all that other slightly scary sounding stuff, has never really been anything that I considered delving into.  But here I am.  At yet another new learning experience that I didn't ask for (if you don't count the fact that I signed up and paid for the class, of course).

1 comment:

  1. So, your blog name is PERFECT! ;)
    I think I am probably the opposite of you...if you were a parked car...i'd probs be a train wreck! I just write down (or type) my stream of thought too quickly and then offend tons of people and launch apology campaigns. Being careful and considerate is a thing to be admired...as long as the parked car does eventually get moving, that is.
    I'm sure you'll be great at blogging. Looks like you're off to a good start. ;)

    The red links on the right side are a little hard to read, so maybe you'd want a contrasting color there. Just an fyi. Love the bokeh though! ;)

    ReplyDelete