Even with all my planning and big-picture-looking, I still managed to find a few surprises and stumpages. (No, that isn't a word; it should be.) In particular, I found that figuring out the most beneficial way to advertise to be quite the challenge. I can't really place my finger on one particular reason this has been so complicated for me, but I'm pretty sure my indecisive self plays a pretty big part.
Advertising is such a crucial part of any event. It's not just for getting the word out there; it can make or break your image in some cases. I guess I just want to do The Project justice. + it doesn't help that I don't have a lot to go off of since there just isn't much existing material.
Guess it's time to start looking at this as a blank slate to spill my creative juices onto. Time to get image creating!
In regards to advertising, Women's Inc. might be a good resource for you due to its large readership and obvious connection to women's hobbies and passions. Advertising in local newspapers is always really beneficial when trying to reach out to the community. Placing your ad or description in the Community Calendar section might be the best. One more thing: consider submitting an ad to the local TV Guide channel. I'm not sure how one goes about this; but, future community activities continually cycle through along with the programming roster. Hope some of this helps!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Savannah. The calendar selection seems like the best route to go; however, it would be interesting to consider the idea of the local TV guide channel. I guess then you would have to think about the times that would appeal to your audience and if some of the people in your audience watch TV. I would say though maybe flyers to local areas that provide fabric might be a good idea too. If you go that way, I would think about what images appeal to your audience. I keep thinking of patches of fabric or maybe a cool trendy font that looks like sewing thread that pulls your fonts together with a needle. I am not sure if this is making any sense, but I feel like I have just entered a brainstorming mode. Good luck! I am sure you will pick the best image(s) for both you and your organization.
ReplyDelete