So I have been putting off this blog post all week in the hopes of being able to talk to you guys about my grant source. This post will be about no such thing.
Why? Because I am still having issues with finding the right match. Either my mission statement doesn't line up with a particular grant's. Or they want to do work in a particular country with a company that has experience there already. Or, or, or.
I have even tried reworking the specifics of my project to be funded. (Ok, in all honesty I haven't given this as much time as it deserves, but I'm busy. Cut a girl with 18 hours, a job, and an internship some slack.)
Needless to say, today is another one of those Sundays completely dedicated to figuring this stuff out. Wish me luck!
If you figure something out, share your secrets. You could always check the more general foundations. Like Ford Foundation just funds social change. Low income economic empowerment is totally social change!
ReplyDeleteBased on what you told us in class Tuesday, it seems like you've finally found a fit. Congrats! I understand your pain on the research - I have a feeling it might be just as difficult as writing the actual grant proposal will be.
ReplyDeleteHannah, have no fear! From talking to you in class on Thursday, I'd say that you have really figured where you're going with your grant materials. Find comfort in the fact that this grant isn't totally for real; but I'm sure if you did want it to come to fruition that you'd be successful!
ReplyDelete