We. are. finally. done.
That's pretty much all I can say (except I have to say more because this is supposed to be a reflection). So what I can say is that I learned quite a bit this semester. Really.
I remember when I was younger. My grandma was a second teacher at the same school I went to and everyday I would walk over to her office at three. One year, she and a couple other ladies were in charge of writing a grant. I don't what it was for or who it was through, but I remember they were seriously stressed. + my junior high self was intimidated. Just the word grant seemed terrifying. So much work. So many technical issues. So much stress. So when I waled into Writing for Change and realized we were going to actually be writing a grant, I kind of wanted to cry.
But I made it through. And here I am on the other side.
I think the thing that interested me most was all of the branding that goes into any aspect or planning that takes place. Whether you are planning a fundraiser or writing a grant or seeking out media attention for your efforts, you must think about how you typically brand yourself and how you want to portray your branding in a specific situation. This understanding is something that businesses of all types have to be aware of so I think it's definitely something I can apply.
I love applicable learning. I'm a nerd. Or maybe just really practical.
I am going to start rambling now. So, to all my fellow classmates, congratulations. And have a wonderful summer.
We really did learn so much about grant writing. It was interesting because it's not like any other type of writing we study in the writing program. And very good point about the branding!
ReplyDelete