Please excuse the title; it has been one of those weeks + it seemed funny when I typed it. + to tell you the truth, I don't think I have time to back + erase it. That would just cut into some major paper writing time.
But, really, I'm so grateful for the 3,000 character limit on my grant. 1,500 for describing my audience and 1,500 for describing my project. Enactus, I applaud you.
I'm not fooled, though. When I was writing these pieces up (the night before peer review, no less) I found it pretty challenging. I want to start with some emotional hook + give you some background on the amazing things this non-profit has done (contacting me is not one of these) + tell you all about the awesome people like Angeles who sold her cow and horse to get this project started a few years ago. But I can't. Because I'm already at 1,000 characters with that. Ugh.
In other news, it's Friday. + I'm going to see George Strait tonight. + I'm not going to think about this grant proposal a single time.
Nice to have restrictions and word count caps on your grant. I am finding myself thrilled about that aspect as well. It kind of helps the nerves, but it still is pressuring. Anyway, I hope you had a fun time at the George Strait concert.
ReplyDeleteOh and I kind of giggled reading your title. Forgot to post that. You just have grant hysteria. It's okay. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with that character limit.
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit jealous, even though I know how frustrating it can be!
Almost finished! Get the most out of the character limits!
ReplyDelete