Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's almost here, guys. Almost. The end of the year is almost here.

Unfortunately, this almost means deadlines are almost here, too. A lot of them.

Including this grant project. I must say, though, that I am feeling pretty good about it. The 1,500 character limit has definitely proved to be a challenge. But I feel like I've managed to be concise enough to fit the limit while also letting the company know what The Sewing Machine Project is all about. It's definitely been a hard road getting there what with The Project taking a good chunk of the information about this project off of their site and not emailing me back . . . still. But I made it. Almost.

Since I figure we all have at least a little bit of the end-of-semester blues, here's some acts of kindness to cheer you up:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/boston-marathon-tragedy-met-with-amazing-acts-of-kindness

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, Hannah! Stories about good, kind-hearted people help us weather tragedies and work for others, much like the work of non-profit organizations. Keep up the good work with your grant proposal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe. love the link! I felt the same way ending the week last week--i was in a good place and felt like i'd accomplished a lot on my grant. then monday hit. ah! good luck to us all :)

    ReplyDelete